For more than 20 years, Adopt-A-Highway volunteers have been cleaning up Missouri!
Adopters now have four options: pick up litter, mow, beautify the roadside through landscaping or grow native wildflowers and grasses on the roadsides. MoDOT provides adopters with a certificate of appreciation, a safety training video, safety materials, and a sign with the group’s name posted on each end of the adopted highway section. MoDOT will provide trash bags and will also pick up and dispose of the bags of collected litter.
Adopters are required to:
- adopt at least one half-mile of urban roadside or two miles in a rural area
- collect litter at least four times a year
- sign a three-year agreement which can be cancelled at anytime by MoDOT or the adopter
- submit an activity report to MoDOT
- participate in MoDOT's safety training and follow all safety procedures
More information is available at: http://www.modot.org/services/community/adoptahighway.htm